History of the School
The First Protestant Church in Mackay
In the booklet “Partial History of the 5 Seventh-Day Adventist Churches, Mackay and District” the school is described thus:
“In 1950 when Pastor Paul Clause was resident Pastor a decision was made to commence a Church School in the Church Hall at the rear of the Church “
“1951 this Primary School began with an enrolment of 22 children under the instruction of school teacher Miss G.E.M Blank. This was the first Protestant School started in the area."
From those humble beginnings God has lead and blessed His school in Mackay.
In 1963 a new primary school building was built and later expanded and renovated further over the preceding years.
During the early 1970’s the church started thinking about adding a high school to the primary school and after a number of years planning and fundraising Stan Zhamel offered to donate his time and his expertise to build the high school. In 1977 the high school rooms were added.
The school has had a number of name changes over the years and new logos to go with it.
- Mackay & District Seventh-Day Adventist School
- Mackay Seventh-Day Adventist School
- Mackay Adventist Christian College
- Carlisle Christian College
- Carlisle Adventist Christian College